Gender - Male
Nationality - Nigeria
Contact Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel Number: +234 (0) 703 250 1365
Educational/Professional Qualification: B. Sc. (Ibadan), P.D. (Oyo), P.G.D. (Enschede), P.M. (Berlin), M. Sc. (Enschede), PhD (Enschede). Registered Surveyor of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Department: Cartography and Geovisualization
Area of Specialization: Mapping.
Research Interest: Geo-information for Governance, electronic Land Administration (e-LA), GISystems Development and Evaluation.
ISI Web of Knowledge
• Akingbade, A., D. Navarra, J. Zevenbergen & Y. Georgiadou (2012) The impact of electronic land administration on urban housing development: The case study of the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria. Habitat International, 36, 324-332.
• Akingbade, A. O., D. D. Navarra, Y. Georgiadou & J. A. Zevenbergen (2012) A case study of geo-ICT for e-Government in Nigeria: Does computerisation reduce corruption in the provision of land administration services? Survey Review, 0.
Other peer-reviewed journals
• Akingbade, A., D. D. Navarra & Y. Georgiadou (2009) A 10 years Review and Classification of the Geographic Information Systems Impact Literature (1998-2008). Nordic Journal of Surveying and Real Estate Research, 4, 84-116.
• Akingbade, A. O., C. M. J. Paresi & C. H. J. Lemmen (2006) Land information business development strategy for strengthening the civil society in Nigeria. In: Ife social sciences review: journal of the Faculty of social sciences, Obafemi Awolowo University, 2(1), pp. 98-105.
• Akingbade, A. & C. H. J. Lemmen (2004) Geospatial data infrastructure for Nigeria: foundation for further development. GIM international, 18.
• Akingbade, A. O., M.Soumah, O.Kufoniyi & M. Mbaye. (2006) Evaluation of Fundamental Geospatial Data Sets in West Africa. In Fundamental Geospatial Data Sets for Africa, ed. C. Schwabe, 272-295. EIS-AFRICA.
• Gueye, A. L., A. O. Akingbade, O. Kufoniyi & P. B. Borisade. (2004) The use of GIS in crisis management: a case study of the crisis information management for the West African sub-region. In Geoinformation for Sustainable Development in Africa, eds. O. O. Ayeni, P. C. Nwilo, A. Omojola & J. B. Olaleye, 409-417. Lagos: African Association of Remote Sensing of the Environment (AARSE).
• Akingbade, A. O. (2012) E-land administration in the context of e-governance in Africa: an evaluation of Nigeria's Abuja Geographic Information Systems (AGIS). University of Twente, Faculty of Geo-Information and Earth Observation (ITC), Enschede, The Netherlands. ITC Dissertation Vol. 216. Promoters: Georgiadou, P. Y. & Zevenbergen, J. A. ISBN.
Peer-reviewed conference proceedings
• Akingbade, A. O., D. D. Navarra & P. Y. Georgiadou (2010) Impact of Abuja geographic information systems on corrupt practices in land administration in the federal capital territory of Nigeria. In: Information and communication technology for development: research voices from Africa : proceedings of the workshop of the International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP), technical commission 9 : relationship between computers and society, 22-23 March 2010, Kampala, Uganda. Ed G. Miscione, W.T. de Vries & J. Lubega. 16 p.
• Akingbade, A.O., (2006) Land registration and cadastral information for good governance in Ondo state, Nigeria. In: Proceedings of the Akure 41st annual general meeting and conference 'Sunshine 2006' : 2006 pre-AGM workshop on legal aspects of surveying and professional practise: theme: surveying mapping and disaster management, 9-13 May 2006, Akure, Nigeria. Lagos: Nigerian Institute of Surveyors, 2006. pp. 74-86.
• Akingbade, A. O., D. D. Navarra & Y. Georgiadou. (2009) Understanding the historical trajectory and political background of Abuja Geographic Information Systems of Nigeria from an actor-network perspective. In 9th AfricaGIS Conference 26-30 October 2009, 17. Kampala, Uganda.
• M. Mbaye & Akingbade, A.O. (2002) GIS Applications for Sustainable Development in Africa - United Nations (UN) Regional Workshop on the use of Space Technology for Africa; 1 - 5 July, 2002. Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
• Akingbade, A. O. (2003): The Benefits of Environmental Impact Assessment, Audit Reports and Cartography for Oil and Gas Projects in Nigeria”. Presented at Seminar Organised by the Ministry of Environment and Mineral Resources, Akure. Ondo State on: “Proactive Actions for Safety and Good Environmental Practice for Oil and Gas Sector in Ondo State”, Akure, 27 February 2003.
Other professional and academic publications
• Akingbade, A. O. 2005. Improvement of availability of land registration and cadastral information in Ondo State, Nigeria. In Department of Urban and Regional Planning and Geo-information Management, International Institute for Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC), 137. Enschede: ITC.
Article Under Review
• Akingbade, A., Y. Georgiadou & J. Zevenbergen (xxx) Lessons from the implementation of the first urban GIS in Nigeria: a longitudinal study of Abuja Geographic Information Systems. Submitted to Computers, Environment and Urban Systems (CEUS); Revised and Resubmitted on 19 December, 2012.
• Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women: Evidence from Land Administration in Nigeria and Implications for Policy Development.
• Land Governance and Women Empowerment in Ondo State, Nigeria.
• Geo-ICT implementation and challenges of governance in the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria.
• A theoretical approach to evaluation of societal impact of implementation of GIS in the public sector.
• Addressing methodological challenges in Geographic Information Systems evaluation research.